Click to navigate and view all areas of our new facility:
5:30am – 8:00pm
8:00am – 3:00pm
10:00am – 2:00pm
6:15am – 7:00pm
8:15am – 2:00pm
10:00am – 1:00pm
Reservations are required for lap swimming to prevent crowding in the pool area (2 people allowed per lap lane). Rec pool/splash pad area reservations are also required and is now limited in use to three families per time slot. Reservations are available to make 36 hrs. in advance online below or through our mobile app.
New Year’s Eve
New Year’s Day
Closes at noon
Closes at 5pm
4th of July
Guidelines for Usage:
- Hot tub is open on a reservation use basis only – reservations can be made by calling the Marion YMCA’s front desk at (319) 377-7361. Please note: reservations are unavailable online for hot tub use.
- Reservations can be made one day in advance beginning at 5:30 AM (Monday reservations can be made on Sundays)
- Hot tub is limited in capacity to four individuals for each available time block
- There is one 15 minute time block available per lap swim reservation hour
- Time blocks will run from 15 minutes past the hour to 30 minutes past the hour for each lap swim hour that the pool is open
- After all hot tub patrons have left the pool area, lap swimmers – up to four at a time – can then use the hot tub up until the top of the hour. At the top of the hour all lap swimmers/hot tub users will exit the pools and the pool area.
- Members are able to reserve a spot to use the spa while swim lessons are going on
MEMBERS MUST BE 18 OR OLDER TO USE THE SPA
The new Marion YMCA features a six-lane lap pool, warm water/leisure pool with a play area for children, three full size basketball courts, 1/8 mile indoor track, two racquetball courts, classroom and meeting space. The second floor features two group exercise rooms, ample cardio and free weight equipment, and QueenAx functional training area. This location also includes brand new locker rooms for men and women, in addition to three family changing rooms.
Building hours are temporary as we begin opening of our new Marion YMCA. We will be monitoring building usage and demand, and can adjust hours and classes accordingly.
Our members only policy is temporary due to current COVID-19 restrictions. We are not honoring guest passes at this time to be able to keep the building’s capacity lower to allow for social distancing inside. We are closely monitoring local health and state guidelines and will announce when guest passes will be once again honored at the YMCA. In the future, Marion residents will be able to purchase unlimited guest passes as a perk to Marion residents in partnership with the city.
Yes, Marion residents will receive a 10% discount when joining the YMCA (cannot be combined with other discounts). To prove residency, we ask that individuals bring a photo ID. If your photo ID does not have your updated address, we will require a utility bill. This discount is limited to residents of 52302 ONLY in partnership with the City of Marion’s large contribution to the project.
Reservations are required for all fitness classes as capacity is limited to ensure a safe social distance between participants. Reservations can be made on the online class schedule below:
Please note: members will be prompted to create an account before making their first reservation:
- Click the edit icon next to class name (see below picture for example)
- Click “Create a Login tab”
- Enter your information: Name, Email Address & Password you will remember
- Please note: the email address used for this account will be where your notifications will be sent for waitlists, etc.
Download our FREE mobile app!
Access schedules, reserve your spot in classes, receive real-time notifications, and more!
Reservations are required for lap swimming as well and can be made 36 hours in advance on the schedule below by clicking the edit icon next to each open swim time (the same way as registering for fitness classes online or through our mobile app). The rec pool/splash pad area is also available to reserve for households on the schedule below when programming is not held.
Child watch is temporarily unavailable. We will be closely monitoring state and health guidelines and will alert members when child watch will become available.
Individuals and families interested in joining the YMCA are welcome to stop in during open business hours for a tour of the new facility. YMCA staff will be available upon request.
Per state guidelines, pickup basketball games are once again permitted at our locations when open gym is available.
Download our FREE Mobile App!
Access group exercise schedules, reserve your spot for classes, swimming and more right on your phone!
Hold your finger over the QR code above or click the button below to download our YMCA's mobile app on your smartphone.
Marion YMCA Schedules
Click the edit icon next to each class or swim title to register online below. “Open swim” refers to Marion YMCA’s rec pool/splash pad area and is now open to 3 families per time slot. Reservations can be made for fitness & water exercise classes up to 7 days in advance of a class, swim reservations can be made up to 36 hrs. in advance of a timeslot.
INTERESTED IN SUPPORTING THE PROJECT?
Even though the building is opening, our work is not yet complete! We will still be raising money towards this project after it opens. The funds for this building have always been separate since the conception of this project nearly a decade ago. You can help by making a donation online today!