The Marion YMCA and Community Rec Center opened in January 2021 and features a
six-lane lap pool and spa, zero entry leisure pool with a play area for children, three full size basketball courts with 18 hoops and 6 pickleball courts, two racquetball courts, child watch room, wet classroom, spacious locker rooms for men and women and three family changing rooms. The second floor features a 1/10 mile indoor walking and running track, three group exercise rooms, including a spinning/cycling room, ample cardio and free weight equipment, and a Queenax™ functional training system by Precor®.
Find out more about Les Mills classes:
Review classes and register through the link below.
HOLIDAY HOURS 2024
Thanksgiving – Closed
Christmas Eve – 5:30 AM – 2:00 PM
Christmas Day – Closed
New Year’s Eve – 5:30 AM – 2:00 PM
New Year’s Day – Closed
Easter – Closed
Memorial Day – Closed
Independence Day – Closed
Labor Day – Closed
FACILITY AGE REQUIREMENTS
Group Exercise participants must be 13 years or older.
Children ages 9 yrs. and younger are required to have a parent or guardian accompany them in our facility.
Individuals must be 13 years and older to be in the weights/cardio areas without parent/guardian supervision.
Individuals ages 10-12 can be in the weights/cardio areas but must have a parent/guardian with them at all times.
Individuals must be 10 years and older to use the track without supervision and have supervision at all times if under the age of 10.
Individuals ages 10 yrs. and older are allowed in pool & facility without supervision.
CHILDWATCH AT MARION
TRY OUR FREE QUALITY BABYSITTING SERVICE WHILE YOU WORK OUT OR PARTICIPATE IN A YMCA ACTIVITY!
Parent/Adult guardian MUST remain in the facility. This service is for families who are using the facility and/or participating in YMCA programs during the time the child is in our care.* When you arrive, please sign in your child and provide requested information. NOTE: Staff are permitted to close Child Watch 30 minutes before closing time if there are no children in attendance.
*NOTE: For the safety and concern of all children, please NO FOOD OR DRINK. Children MUST remove their shoes and wear socks for sanitary reasons.
CURRENT CHILDWATCH HOURS
Mon – Fri, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Mon – Thu, 4:00 PM – 7:45 PM
- Children ages six months to 9 years may come to Child Watch. For safety reasons, the number of infants accepted at any one time is determined by staff.
- Two-hour limit per day. A parent/ adult guardian must remain in the building at all times. It is important you are respectful to staff and the rules to pick your child up on time. Please note child watch hours. Misuse of time can result in the denial of service.
- 20-child limit in the Child Watch area at any one time. The ratio of 10 children per one staff person must be followed in order to provide a safe environment for the children.
- 10-minute cry limit. If your child cries for 10 minutes, you will be paged or located in the building and asked to come for your child immediately. For the well-being of your child and the other children in the Child Watch area, this will be enforced.
- Diaper-changing policy. YMCA staff do not change diapers in accordance with our accreditation. If your child needs a fresh diaper, you will be paged or located in the building. We ask that you respond immediately.
- Child Pick-Up Authorization is required if someone other than you will be picking up your child. Please sign the Authorization Form, available from Child Watch staff. This ensures the safety of your child.
Diaper changing cannot be done by YMCA staff. If your child needs a fresh diaper, you will be paged or located in the building. We ask that you respond immediately.
- No sick kids. Children must be symptom free for 24 hours before returning to the Child Watch program. Children who did not attend school due to illness are not allowed. Children who show signs of fever, nasal discharge, coughing, vomiting, diarrhea, head lice or any transmittable or contagious illness are not allowed. Please see our Communicable Diseases policy for more information. PLEASE wash your child’s hands before entering the room.
- Behavior policy. Child Watch staff will use redirection to deal with behavioral issues. If redirection does not work, the parent/guardian may be asked to remove the child from Child Watch. Continued incidents of behavior issues may result in expulsion.
- Personal Items. We discourage bringing personal items. However if you do, please put your name on them, especially cups, bottles, pacifiers, etc.
- Snack Time. Out of respect and concern for all children, please feed your child in the lobby prior to using the Child Watch service.
Reservations are required for all fitness classes. Reservations can be made through or app or on the membership portal. Reservations are available to make for fitness classes up to 7 days in advance.
Reservations are required for lap swimming and can be made 36 hours in advance on the schedule below by clicking the edit icon next to each open swim time (the same way as registering for fitness classes online or through our mobile app).
Up to 25 individuals can now use the rec pool per time slot. Reservations for the rec pool (i.e. “open swim”) are not available to make online or through the Y’s mobile app – reservations need to be made for a time slot by calling the Marion YMCA’s front desk at (319) 377-7361. Please make a reservation for each individual in your party that will be swimming. Reservations can be made up to one day in advance.
Child watch is now offered Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM and Monday – Thursday, 4:00 PM – 7:45 PM. Child watch is FREE to members and is available for children ages 6 months to 9 years of age. This service is first come, first serve and is limited in capacity to 20 children at once.
The hot tub is available for members to use. Reservations are not required for hot tub use. Hot tub is limited in capacity to four individuals at one time.
MEMBERS MUST BE 18 OR OLDER TO USE THE SPA
Yes, Marion residents will receive a 10% discount when joining the YMCA (cannot be combined with other discounts). To prove residency, we ask that individuals bring a photo ID. If your photo ID does not have your updated address, we will require a utility bill. This discount is limited to residents of 52302 ONLY in partnership with the City of Marion’s large contribution to the project.