The Helen G. Nassif YMCA in Cedar Rapids opened in August 2002 and features three full size basketball courts with 8 hoops and 6 pickleball courts, four racquetball/handball courts, 6-lane lap pool and spa, group exercise studio, multi-purpose room, a Queenax™ functional training system by Precor®, ample cardio and free weight equipment, locker rooms for men, women, boys and girls, as well as, a family changing room. A sauna and steam room are in each of the men’s and women’s locker rooms.
The Helen G. Nassif YMCA building is located on the city’s trail system and just a few blocks from the Cedar Rapids transit service station. The Metro Office of the YMCA of the Cedar Rapids Metropolitan Area is housed on the second floor.
FACILITY & CLASS INFORMATION
Group Exercise participants must be 13 years or older.
Children ages 9 yrs. and younger are required to have a parent or guardian accompany them in our facility.
Individuals must be 13 years and older to be in the weights/cardio areas without parent/guardian supervision.
Individuals ages 10-12 can be in the weights/cardio areas but must have a parent/guardian with them at all times.
Individuals must be 10 years and older to use the track without supervision and have supervision at all times if under the age of 10.
Individuals ages 10 yrs. and older are allowed in pool & facility without supervision.
Thanksgiving – Closed
Christmas Eve – Closed
Christmas Day – Closed
New Year’s Eve – 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
New Year’s Day – Closed
Easter – Closed
Memorial Day – Closed
Independence Day – Closed
Labor Day – Closed
LAP SWIMMING PROCEDURE
- All lanes will be open to multiple swimmers. Lane sharing will be required when numbers dictate.
- Three or more swimmers in a lane will require that lane to be a “circle swimming” lane.
- Lap Swimming/Water Walking is open to all YMCA members that are at least 10 years old.
- Pool schedule will be posted on the schedule below.
- Lap Swimming/Water Walking will NOT be available when the pool is scheduled for any other YMCA program (water ex classes, swim team practices, or swimming lesson classes)
- Private Lessons can be taught at any time that the pool is open for Lap Swimming/Water Walking and each lesson taught will utilize one lane of the swimming pool.
HOT TUB PROCEDURE
- No reservations
- Hot Tub will be available for use whenever the pool is open for Lap Swimming/Water Walking.
- Hot Tub will NOT be available for use when the pool is scheduled for any other YMCA program (water ex classes, swim team practices, or swimming lesson classes).
- Maximum capacity in the Hot Tub will be 8 people.