The YMCA is a charitable 501(c)(3) organization that is able to subsidize those that cannot afford our full membership prices.
INCOME BASED RATE CALCULATOR
|Membership Type||Monthly Rate||Yearly Cost|
2 Youth (0-18)
3 Youth (0-18)
College (Full Time Transcript Required)
2 Adult (Couple Household)
Active Older Adult (65+)
1 Adult Household (Family)
2 Adult Household (Family)
3 Adult Family (Family)
* The Cedar Rapids Metropolitan YMCA offers income-based memberships to individuals with annual gross adjusted income under $50,000, or to households with annual gross adjusted income under $60,000. Income Based Memberships must be signed up for in-person at any YMCA branch. Please bring in your most recent W-2 or your last two most recent pay stubs for proof of income
Become a Member
When you join the Y, you belong to a community of men, women and children who strive every day to be healthy, confident and connected.
The Y’s cause is to strengthen our community. That’s why we’re here working with you every day, making sure that you, your family and community have the resources and support you need to learn, grow and thrive.
With a focus on developing the potential of kids, improving individual health and well-being, and giving back and supporting our neighbors, your membership will bring about meaningful change not just within yourself, but in our community, too.
At the Y, no individual or family is turned away due to inability to pay. Financial assistance is offered to those who cannot afford membership.
Everyday we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income, ability or background has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. Since 1868, the Cedar Rapids Metro YMCA has contributed to the lives of hundreds of thousands of boys and girls, and men and women of all ages, races, religions and economic backgrounds.
The Y is the nation’s leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Y is, and always has been dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children, adults, families and communities. Every day our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for a common good.
- Use of any Y in Iowa and most Y’s nationwide
- Early registration for resident camps at YMCA Camp Wapsie
- Reduced program/class fees
- FREE Group Exercise classes
- FREE Child Watch babysitting
- Locker use (don’t forget your lock!)
- A friendly, caring staff to help you at any time
- Open gym
- Pick-up basketball and/or volleyball games
- Open swim
- Water walking/Lap swimming
- All land and water based classes
- Steam room*
- Fitness Center
- Free weights
- Fitness classes
- Family nights
- Indoor track (at Helen G. Nassif and Mercy Health Plaza YMCA’s)
- Being a part of a community
* indicates Helen G. Nassif YMCA only.
Please Note: Age restrictions enforced.
To learn about available classes, times and dates as well as upcoming programs and activities.
Camp Wapsie is the place to help young people build the character values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. With our deep tradition in camping, we strive to instill these underlying principles into each camper during their time at camp.
- Paid yearly: cash, check, VISA, Mastercard or Discover.
- Must be renewed annually.
- All membership fees nonrefundable, nontransferable.
- No Joiner’s Fee on Annual Memberships.
YMCA Corporate Membership
Corporate savings are available for any company that has at least 5 employees join the YMCA of the Cedar Rapids Metropolitan Area under the corporate group. Participating companies must designate a volunteer who is a YMCA member to serve as a contact to the YMCA. For more information on new Corporate Membership please contact Alex Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319.366.6421 x 303.
- Payments through automatic bank draft.
- Bank Draft occurs on1st of each month.
- Cancellation requires written notice by the 26th of the month to avoid money being taken out of your account on the 1st.
- Cancellation form must be filled out in person.
- If membership lapses, join fee must be paid again.
- All membership fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
Income Based Membership
The YMCA strives to serve everyone in our community, regardless of income. If your household income is under $60,000 or individually under $50,000, please ask about our Income Based Membership Pricing Program.
Individual YMCA memberships may be upgraded to Couple or Family memberships. Please contact the Front Desk at any branch for more information.
Guests visiting the YMCA will be charged a Guest Fee:
$12/visit/adult (ages 19 and older)
$20/visit/family (1-2 adults & legal dependents)
- Guests MUST show photo I.D.
- Guests photographed for our system.
- Guests may only visit 12 times in a calendar year.
- Due to heavy member usage, guests under the age of 18 not admitted to the pool and fitness area Mon-Fri, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at the Helen G Nassif branch only.
- Sundays are Members Only at Helen G Nassif branch.
YMCA General Age Requirements
The YMCA’s age requirements have been developed with safety and the core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility in mind.
The Y is a place for everyone…this especially includes kids. As such, the YMCA reserves the right to make adjustments as needed and to determine what “responsible” behaviors are for supervisors of young children. For example, it would not be responsible to allow young children unsupervised access to a fitness area (such as an area with treadmills or other equipment).
- Children must be at least 10 years old and older to be in the building without the direct supervision of a parent or a responsible person of at least 14 years of age. Children must be 12 years or older to use the YMCA at Mercy Health Plaza.
- Children ages 6 – 9 must either be under the direct supervision of a parent or a responsible person of at least 14 years of age OR be enrolled and participating in a YMCA program at that time.
- Guests and those under the age of 18 not admitted to the pool and fitness area Monday – Friday, 11:30 a.m. -1:00 p.m. at the Helen G Nassif YMCA only.
- Children ages 5 years and younger must be accompanied by and constantly supervised by an adult of at least 18 years of age OR be enrolled in and participating in a YMCA program.
Have questions? Feel free to ask any Y employee. You can also find information regarding age specifications for all areas of facilities in the Member Benefits, Guidelines and Services Handbook.
1. How do I sign up for my FREE fitness orientation?
You can sign up at the Welcome Desk or Fitness Center.
2. As a member do I need to register for free group or aqua exercise classes?
The simple answer is NO. A new schedule is available every session listing all free classes. We encourage you to try all of them!
3. I work/live near another branch. Can I workout there?
ABSOLUTELY! When you join one branch of the YMCA of the Cedar Rapids Metropolitan Area, you join them all. In fact, you can use any Y throughout the state of Iowa using your current Y membership card.
4. Do I need to sign up for machines?
There are no sign-ups required at Mercy or Stoney Point Ys. When it’s busy at the Marion Y, you can sign up for cardio machines on a clipboard at the front desk. At the Helen G. Nassif Y, there’s a whiteboard on the wall in the Fitness Center where you can reserve a cardio machine.
5. How do I get assistance in the Health and Wellness Center?
See any Fitness staff person by looking for the shirts that say STAFF on them. They can help you with any questions you might have regarding the fitness area.
6. Can I bring friends to the YMCA if they are not members here?
Guests visiting the YMCA will be charged a Guest Fee:
$5/visit/youth | $12/visit/adult (ages 19 and older) | $20/visit/family (1-2 adults & legal dependents)
See Guest Policy & Age Requirement tab or the Membership Handbook for our detailed Guest Policy.
7. How old do you have to be to work out in the fitness center?
Children must be at least 10 years old and older to be in the building without the direct supervision of a parent or a responsible person of at least 14 years of age. Children must be 12 years or older to use the YMCA at Mercy Health Plaza.
See Guest Policy & Age Requirement tab or the Membership Handbook for our detailed Age policy.
8. When is the pool/gym open?
Schedules for the pool and gym can be found in Schedules. Hard copies can also be found at any branch’s front desk.
9. What are the hours of the building?
In general, our YMCAs are open from 5:30am-9pm Monday through Friday. Helen G. Nassif Y is open 5am-10pm weekdays October-April. Weekend hours vary by branch. Times change during the summer months.
10. Do you have financial assistance for program or memberships?
The YMCA of the Cedar Rapids Metropolitan Area is a nonprofit organization dedicated to serving those in the community regardless of ability to pay. Financial assistance is available for those that qualify thanks to generous contributions to the YMCA Annual Campaign. To apply for financial assistance, ask a Welcome Center staff person for information regarding our Income-Based Membership Pricing Program. All allotments are based on a sliding fee scale and are available for programs as well as membership.
ALWAYS WELCOME IN EVERY COMMUNITY
Things to Know Before You Go:
As a Nationwide Member, you now have the added value of visiting YMCAs across the United States and Puerto Rico. There are a few guidelines to know and follow when you travel:
• Visit ymca.net before you travel to make sure the Y you intend to visit participates in Nationwide Membership. More than 2,500 Y locations participate.
• You must have an active membership to be eligible for Nationwide Membership.
• On average, at least 50% of your visits must be to your Home YMCA (the local association that enrolled you and collects your membership dues).
• If you have known periods of seasonal travel (when you will not be using your Home Y at least 50% of the time or will be a resident of another area for more than 28 days), you will need to place your Home Y membership on hold or cancel it, and join the Y where you will be living for that time period. Please plan
ahead, as it may take several weeks to place your account on hold.
• If you are a college student, you will need to join the YMCA where your usage is 50% or greater. Nationwide Membership is based on individual usage not the family unit. Most Ys have a young adult or college membership option or you can ask about the financial assistance program.
• Most YMCAs require a photo ID for all visitors. Please bring a photo ID with you for a seamless customer experience.
• You will be asked to sign a waiver when visiting other YMCA locations.
We offer Nationwide Membership because we want to help you reach your health and wellness goals wherever you live, work or travel. This is an essential part of our cause of strengthening communities.
We look forward to your visit and hope you enjoy being part of more YMCA communities.