CHILD WATCH STAFF - MARION YMCA
Under the guidance and direction of the Member Service Coordinator/Supervisor, the Child Watch Staff are responsible for assuring each child’s safety and all other aspects of their experience while in the YMCA’s Child Watch. Availability 4:00 pm-7:45pm Monday-Thursday. Minimum 2 shifts a week.
Under the direction of the Member Service Coordinator/Supervisor at the Marion YMCA, Child Watch staff will:
- Enforce safety rules and ensure a safe environment at all times, including properly cleaning toys on a regular basis.
- Enthusiastically plan and participate in constructive and fun activities with the children.
- Keep children within sight at all times.
- All problems and concerns should be directed to the Member Service Supervisor and thoroughly recorded on a YMCA Incident Report form.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings.
- Create and maintain a harmonious, positive working relationship with co-workers, YMCA members and guests.
- Dependable, responsible and mature, always relating in the most positive manner possible to all persons who are in and around YMCA facilities and grounds, with special emphasis on the children and their parents/guardians who bring them to the Child Watch.
- Enjoy working and interacting with people of all types and ages, modeling the important core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Possess excellent communication, leadership and organizational skills.
Well-developed decision-making skills.
- Ability to communicate and adhere to the YMCA mission, purpose, goals, policies and procedures.
- Ability to exercise discretion and deal appropriately with confidential information.
- Minimum of 6-months experience in the area of supervision and care of children between the ages of 6 months and 11 years old.
- Current CPR certification for infant/children and adults.