WELLNESS CENTER-MARION OR HGN
Wellness Center Staff are responsible for orienting, teaching, supervising the area, and ensuring the safety of each member while they are utilizing the Marion Wellness Center and while they are on the track.
1. Greets and serves members entering and using the Marion Wellness Center
2. Enforces rules to ensure a safe environment at all time in the Wellness Center and the track.
3. Instructs members on the use of cardio vascular equipment, circuit equipment, weight machines and free weights. Demonstrates proper use of all equipment and have an understanding of eight lifting principles/practices.
4. Stay active and be moving around talking to members. Be prepared to answer questions from members regarding the use of Wellness Center equipment.
5. Clean machines and equipment located on the Wellness Center floor area.
6. Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA.
7. Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader)
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions and duties of the position.
While performing the functions and duties of this job, the employee works indoors in a climate-controlled environment of between 68 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate, but at times can be very loud.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum of 6-12 months experience and knowledge of physical fitness methods and techniques; use of fitness equipment and weight lifting principles and practices is preferred.
3. Excellent communication skills and the desire to work and interact with people of all type
4. YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Principles and YMCA Foundations of Strength and Conditioning required within 60 days of hire.
Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position; including leading class, walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions and duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, get up and down, use hands to finger, handle, feel or use objects, keyboards and controls and to write and read, to hear and talk. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands or arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to demonstrate lifting techniques using weight machines and free weights. They also must be able to demonstrate use of cardiovascular machines.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to, but not limited to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.