LIFEGUARD AT THE YMCA
We are always looking for qualified and enthusiastic candidates for our lifeguard positions and both of our locations!
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Lifeguard is responsible for ensuring the safety of all members and guests in the pool area.
- Enforce rules and procedures.
- Keep pool and pool deck free of obstructions and safety hazards.
- Maintain constant surveillance of the water and pool deck areas.
- Handle equipment as assigned to ensure safety.
- Record chemical readings.
- Know emergency procedures and be able to demonstrate them
- Maintain emergency equipment.
- Respond to all emergencies.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor or designated staff person.
- Demonstrate and support the objectives of the Association as embodied in the mission statement and core values.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must have a current Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguard certification.
- Ability to remain alert at all times.
- Ability to adapt to changing working conditions.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activity.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain control of area even when distracted by noise.
- Attend trainings and/or courses as required by the YMCA.
- All-In-One Training (CPR/AED/First Aid/PDT/Safety Training)-CPR course must be CPR for the Professional Rescuer.