The Rotating Junior Counselor assists the Senior Counselor in supervising a cabin of twelve campers.
- Live with and assist in supervising the activities of twelve campers at all times.
- Keep the camper’s safety, health, hygiene, and cleanliness foremost in mind.
- Assist with nightly cabin devotions.
- During all activities follow the policies and philosophies of Camp Wapsie and assure that the campers are also following them.
- Plans, with a committee, one world service activity and one special day.
- Participate in all of the courses, activities, classes, training, and planning sessions during the week of pre camp.
- Lead or assist in an activity area.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the living area, grounds around it, and the activity area.
- Lifeguard in the pool guard rotation as directed.
- Assist the senior counselor in programming activities for campers during cabin activity.
- Attend the weekly 1:00 PM Sunday staff meeting and share your ideas and distribute any organizational material for an activity that you are programming during the week.
- Create and maintain a harmonious, positive working relationship with fellow staff, YMCA
- Must possess the ability to work with and motivate children between the age of 5 and 18.
- Must possess strong communication and leadership skills.
- Must possess a willingness to learn.
- Must have some experience or basic knowledge about working in a kitchen.
- General knowledge of cleaning and maintaining facilities and running equipment.
- Must be lively, enthusiastic, and energetic when interacting with the campers and staff.
- Must be able and willing to follow directions.
- Enjoys working and interacting with people of all types and ages, with a special emphasis on children, modeling and utilizing the important core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- All-In-One Training (CPR/AED/First Aid/PDT/Safety Training)- CPR course must be CPR for the Professional Rescuer