BUILDING MONITOR – MARION
Building Supervisors are responsible for ensuring an excellent member experience for all members, guests and program participants at the YMCA. Shifts needed include nights and weekends.
- Greets and serve members entering the building.
- Teach and demonstrate the YMCA mission and values through conduct and enforcement of rules.
- Present yourself in a professional manner both verbally and non-verbally.
- Give tours upon request and assist Member Services staff and Wellness Center staff during busy times and as needed.
- Assist in setting up and taking down of equipment for leagues as needed.
- Performs functions necessary to maintain a safe, secure and clean environment within the YMCA facilities and grounds.
- Assures all building rules, policies and procedures rules are followed by YMCA members, guests, program participants and spectators while they are in YMCA facilities and on YMCA grounds.
- Continually move throughout the building to assure safety and compliance to rules and to check in with other staff on duty.
- Manage problems as they arise when people are found to be breaking rules or established policies or procedures. Follow each incident to conclusion.
- Follow through with all emergency procedures in the event of an emergency situation. After the immediate danger of the emergency has passed, see that all required paperwork has been completed, i.e. incident report and documentation of actions taken to manage the situation.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be dependable, patient, and customer service oriented.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community, modeling the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Must be willing to learn, stay current, and accurately communicate information regarding the YMCA mission, rules, policies and procedures, facilities, membership, programs, and member services.
- Must have strength of character to administer and adhere to and enforce all established YMCA policies, procedures and rules.
- Must be assertive and able to manage confrontation well.
- The physical demands described within this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions and duties of the position.
- While performing the functions and duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, stand, get up and down; use hands to finger, handle, feel or use objects, controls, and to write; and hear and talk.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands or arms, and to ascend and descend stairs. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; and on occasion, the employee may need to physically restrain another person (child or adult). Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and far vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.