HGN AQUATICS DIRECTOR
We are looking for a full-time Aquatics Director with the experience, enthusiasm, and work ethic to oversee our aquatics programs at our established Helen G. Nassif facility. The Aquatics Director is responsible for all aspects of the Aquatics Program as well as responsibility for the Metro Area Cedar Rapids Swim Team.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill the YMCA’s objectives.
- Establishes new program activities and expands programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local, and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Create and schedule aquatics instruction classes/program offerings and oversees competitive swim team operations.
- Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information, providing necessary Program Guide information.
- Develop and monitor the program budget to meet fiscal objectives; prepare monthly variance reports and year-end projections, as requested.
- Coordinate training for lifeguards and swim instructors in Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR.
- Perform lifeguard and swim instructor duties as needed.
- Promote and incorporate the YMCA four core values and character develop model into all programs.
- Assume other duties, appropriate for this position, as requested.
- Well-developed hiring, training, and supervisory skills.
- Strong skills in the areas of communication, motivation, creative problem solving, and human relations.
- Proficient in the use of computers and willingness to further develop computer skills.
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn new skills necessary to perform the job; and a willingness to improve and expand the program area and service to the community.
- Enjoy working and interacting with people of all types and ages, modeling and utilizing the important core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative, including both independent and discriminatory judgment.
- Ability to exercise discretion and to take initiative, including both independent and discriminatory judgment.
- Ability to appropriately manage confidential information.
- Ability to acquire a CPO certification.
- Either a 4-year college degree in a related field or equivalent job related work experience.
- Current CPR, First Aid, WSI, and Lifeguard certifications required. Aquatics certification preferred.
- CPR, First Aid, WSI, and Lifeguard certifications required.