LOCKER ROOMS REOPENING
Helen G. Nassif YMCA & Marion YMCA
Children ages 13 yrs. and older are allowed in pools and facilities without supervision. Children ages 12 yrs. and younger are required to have a parent or guardian accompany them in facilities.
- Locker rooms will be available for all members to use, including members swimming/taking lessons
- Showers will be available
- Hot tub (Marion & Helen G. Nassif YMCA) and sauna/steam room (Helen G. Nassif YMCA) will remain closed at this time
- Please remember to social distance & wear a face mask when unable to socially distance
- Please leave the locker room in a timely fashion after showering and changing
- Members will need to bring their own padlocks/keys
- Locker keys will no longer be available unless locker is rented (Marion YMCA)
Please help us keep our locker rooms sanitized!
- Disinfectant will be available for members to use to wipe down any and all surfaces used in locker rooms
- Locker rooms will be deep cleaned by staff every night after hours
Helen G. Nassif YMCA
- Swimmers will still wait in the lobby and enter the pool area through the emergency pool doors (no one will enter the pool through the locker rooms)
- Lifeguards will open the locker room doors if you wish to use the shower and change when leaving the pool deck
- Only members who have reserved a time to swim will be allowed on pool deck
- Doors leading to the pool deck will be locked at all times except for when members are entering and exiting pool area
- Swimmers will be required to use locker rooms to enter pool area except those with medical issues
- Members will no longer line up in the lobby
- Doors will be unlocked by lifeguards prior to lap lane sessions and locked 20 minutes after sessions begin
- Lifeguards will be checking members when entering the pool area
- Members are allowed to leave at any time during their swim time but will need lifeguards to unlock locker room doors
- Lifeguards will unlock doors for members to exit (they must exit through locker rooms) at the top of the hour and locked once everyone has exited
- Only members who have reserved a time to swim will be allowed on pool deck
Locker room reopening does not yet apply to Stoney Point YMCA.
LOCKER ROOM RENOVATIONS
Enjoy newly renovated showers and flooring in the Men’s & Women’s Locker Rooms at our Helen G. Nassif YMCA!
ADDITIONAL AQUATIC OPENINGS
STONEY POINT YMCA
Stoney Point Pool Operation Times
Monday – Friday: 6:00 AM – 10:00 AM, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Lap lane reservations can be made by calling the Stoney Point YMCA (319) 390-3488 Monday – Friday: 6:00 AM – 4:00 PM
SAME SWIMMING PROCEDURES AS HELEN G. NASSIF YMCA & MARION YMCA APPLY, PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS
IN-PERSON GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES BEGIN JUNE 8TH
Beginning Monday, June 8th, in-person group exercise classes are available at our Helen G. Nassif YMCA and Marion YMCA! A limited schedule is available and we will also continue to offer our online fitness classes. Each in-person class will be limited in capacity as we begin, in order to maintain a safe distance between members when participating in our classes. Members need to reserve their spot for each in-person class as space is limited, and you can do this through our new mobile app and our website!
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN ATTENDING A CLASS
- Members must be 13 years or older to attend a class
- Members should arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of a class
- No-contact check-in procedures continue at Welcome Center Desks
- Members will need to fill out an additional COVID-19 waiver (if haven’t already done so)
- Members must bring their own equipment including: water bottles, towel, yoga mats
- Members must wash hands/sanitize prior to entering group exercise studio
- A space will be provided for personal belongings to be stored in group exercise studio
- Members must sanitize equipment before exiting class – please exit class after class is complete and equipment is cleaned to allow time for room to be cleaned
Reservations & classes are currently open to YMCA Members ONLY – no drop-ins are allowed at this stage.
NEW! YMCA MOBILE APP
Reserve your spot for group exercise classes & more
Our new mobile app provides you with access to our locations’ schedules, allows you to make reservations for classes, receive real-time notifications and more! Download our new app by following the link below on your smart phone.
Please note: if you are prompted to enter find your health & wellness center, enter “Cedar Rapids” and you will be directed to our locations.
- Reserve your spot in a class – click the edit icon next to an in-person class to reserve your spot right in the app.
- Reservations can be made up to 5 days prior to the start time of the class and can be made up to 15 minutes before the class starts.
- Capacity – you can view how many spots are left for an in-person class next to the class name and description.
- Class waitlists – if a class is full, you can still reserve your spot as you will then be put on the waitlist for a class. If a member can no longer make the class, you will be notified via email that a spot has opened up for you to attend.
- Members will be prompted to create an account before making their first reservation
- Click the edit icon next to class name (see below picture for example)
- Click “Create a Login tab”
- Enter your information: Name, Email Address & Password you will remember
- Please note: the email address used for this account will be where your notifications will be sent for waitlists, etc.
- To reserve a class after your account is made, click the edit icon next to a class description (icon example highlighted below), enter you login information and the system will then reserve your spot.
HELEN G. NASSIF & MARION YMCA POOLS ARE OPEN FOR LAP SWIMMING
As we continue to move through our phased reopening plan, we will be offering pool access to members ONLY via reservation. Each lap lane is available to reserve each hour for a 45 minute time slot for lap swimming and water walking.
MODIFIED POOL OPERATION HOURS
Helen G. Nassif YMCA & Marion YMCA ONLY
Monday – Friday: 6:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Reservations are available on the quarter of each hour within the modified pool operation hours (i.e. 6:15 AM – 7:00 AM, 7:15 AM – 8:00 AM…)
Lap Lane Reservations Are Required – MEMBERS ONLY
- Reserve your lane by phone or stop by the Welcome Center Branch you wish to swim at.
- Marion YMCA: (319) 377-7361
- Helen G. Nassif YMCA: (319) 366-6421
- Stoney Point YMCA: (319) 390-3488
- One – 45 minute reservation can be made per day/per swimmer.
- Reservations are available on the quarter of each hour within the modified pool operation hours (i.e. 6:15 AM – 7:00 AM, 7:15 AM – 8:00 AM…)
- Must be 13 years or older to make a reservation and swim laps.
- Reservations can be made one day in advance.
- Reservations will be accepted on Saturdays for any Monday times.
- Pool – Lap Swimming and Water Walking ONLY. No Water Exercise.
- Lobby restroom (Marion YMCA) and Family Changing Room (HGN YMCA) can be used for restroom facility only – THIS IS NOT TO BE USED AS A CHANGING AREA.
- Locker Rooms/Showers
- Hot Tub
- Equipment (i.e. fins, noodles, kick boards, etc…) You may bring your own.
- Check-in at the Welcome Center Desk up to 15 minutes before your scheduled time.
- Arrive ready to swim in proper swim attire. Locker Rooms & Showers are NOT available at this time.
- Only swimmers with a reservation will be allowed in the pool area.
- Pool doors will open 5 minutes before your reservation time. Pool doors will be locked immediately at start of the swim session. PLEASE DON’T BE LATE. No one will be allowed in after the doors are locked.
- One person per reserved lane.
- Area will be provided to place personal belongings
- A Lifeguard will begin and end all swims.
- Swimmers will be notified when 5 minutes are left in the swim session.
- Swimmers will be expected to exit the pool and leave the pool area promptly.
- Swimmers are allowed to leave any time during the reservation time, but won’t be allowed to re-enter the pool area.
THANK YOU FOR KEEPING YOUR MEMBERSHIP WITH US!
Since we were required to close on March 17th by state authorities, so many of you have continued your membership dues with our association and we can’t thank you enough! Over 85% of our members have chosen to stay with us during this time, and because of this we have been able to continue to serve our community and will be continuing to serve for many years to come!
Through your continued support, we have been able to continue to serve those in our area in multiple ways:
HOW YOUR YMCA IS ADAPTING
As we navigate through re-opening our YMCA facilities, our team continues to put the health and safety of our members and staff at the forefront of our decision making process. As we prepare, we want to make you aware of some changes to our facilities and expectations of our members moving forward.
We are respectful of CDC guidelines and mandates by Governor Reynolds. We will continue through Phase 2 of opening amenities for Helen G. Nassif YMCA and Marion YMCA on Monday, June 1st.
PHASE 2 REOPENING GUIDELINES
Members who are considered to be part of a vulnerable population are discouraged from entering our facilities. Additional facility and operational changes are outlined below.
- Members will be asked to complete a waiver upon entering the facility.
- If you have a fever of 100.4 or any other symptoms of COVID-19, we respectfully ask you to please refrain from entering the facilities.
- All must wash or sanitize their hands upon entry and before and after workouts.
- Members will be required to clean equipment before AND after use.
- Members will be restricted to a 2-hour time limit inside the facility.
- Members can only use one piece of equipment at a time; super sets will not be permitted.
- A 30-minute time limit will be enforced on all cardio machines.
- All internal doors will be left open to prevent unnecessary touching and increase ventilation.
- Members will be required to adhere to all posted signage regarding social distancing.
- Members are encouraged to wear cloth masks while in the facility. However, we do not recommend the use of masks while on cardio equipment.
- Only Helen G. Nassif and Marion YMCA’s will be open with limited hours.
- Monday – Friday: 6:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Staff to conduct disinfecting on high-touch surfaces and equipment per CDC guidelines.
- Amenities temporarily not available include: coffee and popcorn service, drinking fountains, vending machines, group sitting areas, and child watch.
- Spaces in the facility temporarily unavailable: locker rooms, yoga studio, and spin studio.
- The Queenax court at Helen G. Nassif will be open to members for personal training.
- Members age 12 and under must be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian over the age of 18.
- Day passes, guests, Slot Group and Nationwide Y membership access will not be permitted.
- No cash will be accepted for payment. Only check or credit card.
- Group Exercise classes will continue to be offered virtually. Schedules are posted weekly on our website.
- All Youth and Adult Sports programs are temporarily suspended.
- Evidence based programs such as Diabetes Prevention and LiveStrong at the Y and senior programming such as SilverSneakers® will not be offered.
- Access to wellness and exercise equipment will be limited to maximize social distancing. Some pieces of equipment have been moved and others will be rotated at 2:00 PM daily to disinfect.
- Increased signage throughout the buildings to mandate directional flow, such as the stairs at the Helen G. Nassif Y.
- Additional sanitation stations and hand sanitizer placed throughout the facility to promote cleaning efforts.
KEEPING STAFF AND MEMBERS SAFE
We know everyone is ready to get back to some normalcy and visit the gym for your overall well-being as we slowly open parts of our YMCAs as safely as possible. We are thoroughly cleaning on a daily basis and will follow a strict cleaning schedule so we may continue to provide the safest environment for you and your family. We have also added sanitation stations and are requiring members to clean all equipment before AND after use.
What areas are opening in Phase 2?
- Helen G. Nassif & Marion YMCAs for limited hours
- Monday – Friday: 6:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Sunday: CLOSED
- Pools (HGN & Marion ONLY) – reservations required for a lap lane
- QueenAx Court at Helen G. Nassif for personal training
- Group Fitness Classes (Helen G. Nassif YMCA & Marion YMCA)
- Wellness and exercise equipment (free weights, cardio)
- To ensure that members keep a safe distance from one another, some equipment will be moved to the gym floor
- Sanitation stations
- Racquetball courts
What areas are unavailable in Phase 2?
- Mercy Health Plaza & Stoney Point YMCAs
- Due to Mercy Health Plaza housing a vulnerable population for therapy, and Stoney Point housing child care programming
- Coffee & popcorn service
- Drinking fountains
- Vending machines
- Group seating areas
- Child watch
- Hot Tub
- Locker rooms/showers
- Yoga & spin studios
- Programs including Youth & Adult Sports, Diabetes Prevention & LIVESTRONG® and SilverSneakers®
As we continue to update you on our phased approach to reopening our facilities, we are continuing our online class offerings for you to continue to access safely at home.
WEEKLY ONLINE CLASSES
Our YMCA instructors will be continuing to lead live online fitness classes each week via Zoom Meeting and our Facebook page. You can access each week’s online class schedule here, and tune in to our Facebook page for various live classes (@CRMetroYMCA).
There are additional free on-demand workouts that continue to be available to our members through various platforms such as Y360, SilverSneakers®, Les Mills, and more! See the complete list of additional on-demand resources here.
WHAT IS AVAILABLE
Pool – one person per lap lane (Helen G. Nassif & Marion)
Fitness Center – cardio and free weight area
Gym – limit to 2 people/hoop (please bring your own balls)
Walking Track (Helen G. Nassif)
Racquetball courts (please bring your own balls & racquets)
Virtual Group Exercise classes – view weekly schedule HERE
In-person Group Exercise classes – Helen G. Nassif YMCA & Marion YMCA
Personal Training – by appointment only
WHAT IS UNAVAILABLE
Locker Rooms, sauna, and steam room
Yoga, and cycle studios
Coffee and popcorn
BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE
Stay home if you don’t feel well.
CDC and state guidelines encourage seniors and other vulnerable populations to stay home.
Bring a face covering and filled water bottle.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN VISITING OUR FACILITIES
Enter through the main entrance.
Sign an additional waiver upon entering.
No-contact, self-scanning of membership cards at welcome center.
Wear a face covering whenever possible.
Capacity for the facility and available areas will be limited per state guidelines.
Complete, Sign & Print Additional COVID-19 Facility Use Waiver
Please feel free to print & complete (highlighted areas) our additional COVID-19 waiver prior to entering our facilities to bring with you when you visit.
“We have always appreciated the Y. Just… everything about it. The customer service, and just everything everyone there does to make working out as enjoyable as possible. We are in… unique times, no doubt. But we are all in this together, and get to get through it together. I am just so happy to hear that by people continuing to pay their membership fees that it allowed you to pay your employees so they could keep working.”
– YMCA Member