Volunteer at Camp Wapsie
Volunteers help make Camp Wapsie one of the best camps in the country. Your support allows us to provide a picturesque facility and quality programs. We thank our volunteers for providing between 3000-6000 volunteer hours every year. Groups and individuals help with special projects as they meet service project hours or simply want to offer their time and talent to help maintain and improve our grounds and facilities.
Camp Wapsie has a small year-round staff that run camp and maintain facilities. We rely on volunteers to help with many aspects of our program. Your assistance helps make camp stronger for kids. Become a volunteer! Contact us at 319.435.2577 or email email@example.com.
Are you looking for ways to volunteer at Camp Wapsie? You can:
- Donate items on our wish list below
- Gather your coworkers or service group to volunteer together
- Contact us to see if your skills match a special project need
- Donate funds for projects or sponsor a child to attend camp
- Take on a special project such as painting, trimming trees, raking, cutting and splitting wood, tracking down camp alumni, repairing arrows and fishing poles, mapping camp, plumbing and electrical work, construction projects and more
- Serve as a nurse for week during summer camp
- Join our Advisory Committee
- Fund raise for scholarships and special projects
- Assist with camp programs
- Adopt a Cabin – Businesses can offer resources and assistance to maintain and update a cabin. Your group receives a plaque recognizing your efforts.
- Become a Camp Ambassador – Help us promote camp at special events or answer new-parent questions during Sunday check-in for summer resident camp
Spring Volunteer Day
Every spring we host a volunteer day to help camp get ready for the busy spring and summer season. We work on outdoor clean-up landscaping, building and program area preparations.
Fall Clean-up Day
Join us to help with fall clean-up from raking to woodcutting and splitting to deep cleaning.
Think of camp when you’re cleaning out your home. Many of the things taking up space could be put to good use at Camp Wapsie and also give you a tax donation. Please contact the camp office at 319.435-2577 to arrange deliver or pick up prior to making your 501(c)3 donation.
- Pickup truck
- 2-3 Ipads or tablets
- Historical Wapsie items
- Arts & craft supplies (yarn, paint, etc.)
- Books for elementary and middle school ages
- 35 gallon trash bags
- Enclosed trailer
- Hand tools (drills, saws, carpentry tools)
- Large band saw
- Large trailer for hauling equipment
- Leaf blower
- Luggage carts/wagons
- Lumber (variety of lengths and sizes)
- Mini van or larger passenger vehicle, such as a Suburban
- Outdoor lighting for basketball and volleyball courts
- Truckloads of gravel and wood chips
- Yard tractor or skid loader
- Weed eaters
- Work utility vehicle