We are looking for dynamic, engaging, and knowledgeable individuals to work in our Wellness Center at our HGN facility! Wellness Center Staff are responsible for providing an excellent member experience for each member. The Wellness Center Staff give orientations, assists members in the utilization of equipment, supervises the area, and ensures the safety of each member while they are in the HGN Wellness Center and while they are on the track. Candidates that are current physical therapy students would be interested in a more clinical setting that is present at this location.
- Greets and serves members entering and using the Wellness Center.
- Enforces rules to ensure a safe environment at all time in the Wellness Center and the track.
- Instructs members on the use of cardio vascular equipment, weight machines and free weights. Demonstrates proper use of all equipment and must have an understanding of weight lifting principles/practices.
- Stay active and be moving around talking to members. Be prepared to answer questions from members regarding the use of Wellness Center equipment.
- Clean machines and equipment located on the Wellness Center floor area.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Personal Training certification preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 6-12 months experience and knowledge in the areas of fitness, use of fitness equipment and weight lifting techniques is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community, modeling the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Principles and YMCA Foundations of Strength and Conditioning required within 60 days of hire.
- CPR/AED certification required within 30 days of hire.