The Mercy Health Plaza YMCA is seeking a part-time Welcome Center staff member. Welcome Center Staff promptly greet all persons entering the YMCA, as well as answers any incoming telephone calls. The staff is responsible for membership sign-up and program registration, arranging facility tours, enforcing safety rules, and other duties as needed.
- Serves as a friendly, knowledgeable, responsible and caring representative of the YMCA, relating to all people who either call or come into the YMCA.
- Accurately and efficiently performs all duties and functions, as delegated, relating to the Welcome Center Area: membership sales, program registrations, requests for information, data entry, etc..
- Enjoy working and interacting with people of all types and ages, modeling the important core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Must be dependable, responsible, patient, mature, and customer service oriented with the ability to relate in a positive manner to all persons who either call or enter the YMCA facility.
- Must possess and utilize strong communication skills, including verbal, written and listening.
- Must possess basic computer skills and be able and willing to learn to use the YMCA computer systems to perform the duties of the position.
- Must be willing to learn, stay current, and accurately communicate information regarding the YMCA mission, rules, policies and procedures, facilities, membership, programs, and member services.
- Must have strength of character to administer and adhere to and enforce all established YMCA rules, policies and procedures.