Delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
- Conduct interviews and/or tours responsive to the needs of prospective members; sells memberships.
- Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and the YMCA.
- Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Applies all YMCA policies dealing with member services.
- Perform membership sign-up and program registration for all branch specific programs and services, from sign-up/registration through receipting and other required data entry.
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic
segments of the community, modeling the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
- Basic knowledge of computers, high comfort level learning and using software programs.