YMCA Swim Lesson Instructors need no previous experience, but a desire to teach and ensure the safety and well-being of program participants is essential. Curriculum is provided to ensure the progression of class participants.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Previous experience preferred but not required
- CPR and First Aid certification preferred
- Preschool instructors must swim at the minimum level of Minnow
- Youth and Adult instructors must swim at the minimum level of Shark
- Must enjoy working with people of all ages
- Able to model the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility
Various part-time hours, daytime, evenings, and Saturday mornings.