Do you love working with children and helping to shape their self esteem and instill values while engaging them in fun games, activities and programming? If so, then the Y is looking for you to join our School Age Child Care team! The YMCA School Age Before and After School program consists of daily activities, structured programming and directed play during the school year at 3 area schools. The site locations are at 3 elementary schools in Cedar Rapids and Marion. School Age Counselors are responsible for assuring each child’s health and safety and all aspects of the child’s experience in the YMCA Child Care Program. This job requires high energy and the skills to plan, organize and lead activities and programs for children ages 5-12.
Before and After School Counselors – immediate openings!
YMCA Cedar Rapids and Marion
Leadership, organizational and communication skills are required. Experience in the area of education, counseling or child care is preferred. Must demonstrate and model the core values of Respect, Responsibility, Honesty, and Caring. Must be able to meet the requirements set by the State:
- Understands youth development principles
- Be able to obtain first aid and CPR certifications within 30 days
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be able to obtain certification in mandatory child abuse reporting within 30 days
- Obtain a valid universal precautions certificate within 30 days
- Have the ability to pass a criminal record check
- Enjoy working with people of all types and ages.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org