The YMCA of the Cedar Rapids Metropolitan Area is looking for Sports Officials for the Summer and Fall sports sessions. Bring your skills and knowledge to help our youth learn and gain confidence as they participate in our Sports programs.
- To ensure the safety of all participants.
- Prepare game sites for game situations.
- Responsible for all game equipment.
- Timekeeping at games.
- Officiating during sanctioned YMCA sporting events.
- Clean-up of game area after the games have been completed.
- To ensure the delivery of YMCA policies and procedures conveyed in a positive and caring fashion to our members/participants.
- To create and maintain a harmonious, positive working relationship with fellow staff, YMCA members and participants.
Members are the reason we exist, and must be the most important factor of the position.
- Must have basic knowledge of the rules pertaining to each individual sport.
- The ability to interact with a variety of people of all ages and personalities.
- Must be able to communicate the mission, goals, and policies of the YMCA to all program participants.
Location: Various sports fields in Cedar Rapids and Marion