Under the direction of the Summer Camp Director and Retreats Director, the Camp Photographer is responsible for taking cabin photos and photos of campers in a variety of activities each week in order to provide cabin photos, marketing photos/videos and general use photos. In addition, the Camp Photographer develops a photo collection to be available for purchase by campers at the conclusion of the camp week on Saturday morning.
- Take photos and video of a variety of activities, people, facilities and scenery around camp each week.
- Develop a weekly photo collection available for distribution to campers.
- Produce and upload or copy the necessary photo collections each week.
- Maintain an inventoried library of good camp photos for use in marketing pieces.
- Take cabin photos and get them developed and returned to camp by Friday afternoon each week.
- Work with the Camper Services Director to determine number of photo collections needed each week and to determine the number of cabin photos and distribute them each week.
- Maintain an organized collection of all photos taken.
- Assist with office, programming and planning duties as requested and assigned.
- Coordinate the distribution of camper t-shirts and care packages.
- Create and maintain a harmonious, positive working relationship with fellow staff, campers, and participants.
- Manage camper shirt inventory and distribute camper shirts weekly.
- Supervise campers assigned to their care, especially night duty in their cabin.
- Must possess strong photography and organizational skills.
- Must have knowledge of photography software for editing and duplicating photo CDs.
- Must enjoy working and interacting with people of all types and ages, with a special emphasis on children, modeling and utilizing the important core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.