Life Guard – Marion
- Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Lifeguard is responsible for ensuring the safety of all patrons in the pool area.
- This includes all people both in the water and on the pool deck.
Enforce rules and procedures.
- Keep pool and pool deck free of obstructions and safety hazards.
- Maintain constant surveillance of the water and pool deck areas.
- Handle equipment as assigned to ensure safety.
- Record chemical readings.
- Know emergency procedures and is able to demonstrate them.
- Maintain emergency equipment.
- Respond to all emergencies.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor or designated staff person.
- Demonstrate and support the objectives of the Association as embodied in the mission statement and values.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Current Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguard certification
- Ability to remain alert at all times
- Ability to adapt to changing working conditions
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activity
- Ability to work with diverse group of people
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain control of area even when distracted by noise
- Attend trainings and/or courses as required by the YMCA
- All-In-One Training (CPR/AED/First Aid/PDT/Safety Training)- CPR course must be CPR for the Professional Rescuer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org