- Experience teaching and/or coaching competitive swimming to children.
- Understands and embraces the YMCA philosophy of competitive swimming.
- Strong skills in the areas of organization, communication, motivation and human relations.
- Possess enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn new skills necessary to perform the job.
- Ability to follow direction and take constructive criticism.
- Enjoy working and interacting with people of all types and ages, modeling and utilizing the important core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative, including both independent and discriminatory judgment.
- Ability to exercise discretion.
- Ability to deal appropriately with confidential information.
- Current lifeguard certification required. It is the responsibility of the incumbent to keep this certification current.
- Ability to demonstrate all swim strokes in a proficient manner.
Stoney Point YMCA
- Oversee the branch’s Swim Team program.
- Ensure safety of participants during practices and, with reasonable prudence, at swim meets.
- Work with the Aquatics Director to schedule practice times and swim meets.
- Creates workout plans for swim team practices and additional training plans, and delegate practice responsibilities to additional swim team staff, as appropriate.
- Assist the Aquatics Director in hiring and supervising additional swim team staff necessary to provide a high quality YMCA Swim Team program, including Assistant Coaches.
- Work with the Aquatics Director to review the performance of the swim team staff in a timely manner; appraise effectiveness; provide necessary feedback to ensure high quality work performance as delegated by the Aquatics Director.
- Schedule, plan and conduct coaches meetings and/or swim team staff meetings, as needed.
- Recommend necessary budget considerations to the Aquatics Director for the following year by established deadlines.
- Maintain excellent lines of communication with the Aquatics Director regarding swim team issues/business.
- Assist the Aquatics Director with the Swim Team Parents Group, as requested.
- Assume other duties, appropriate for this position, as requested.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com