- Coordinates meal schedules, menus and special requests with Staff in charge of those programs.
- Develops all menus according to the group needs and nutritional requirements.
- Orders all of the food needed, always considering price and quality.
- Verifies that the quantity of food received matches the order and is of safe quality.
- Prepares or supervises the preparation of meals.
- Assures that all meals are served on time and with a high standard for cooking and serving so that the meal is healthy and appetizing.
- Complies with and assures that the kitchen facility is up to both the Linn County Health Department and American Camping Association (ACA) standards.
- Promptly notifies the director or caretaker of problems with the kitchen facilities, and equipment so that they can be addressed to kept up to health standards and in good operating order.
- Responsible for seeing that all surfaces, dishes and food preparation equipment is cleaned, sanitized and stored according to the health regulations.
- Maintain proper storage and label food and supplies in refrigerators, freezers, and storage areas.
- Coordinates, schedules and supervises all food service and dishwashing staff.
- Checks and records daily, when in the kitchen or meals are served, the refrigerator, freezer and dishwasher rinse and wash temperatures.
- Coordinate the Dining hall set up, clean up and composting.
- Assist with other projects as needed including maintenance in the non-busy food service months.
Head Cook/Food Services Mgr – Camp Wapsie – Immediate Opening!
YMCA Camp Wapsie
- Experience in preparing meals in quantity for groups ranging in size from 10 to 300.
- Must possess knowledge of the health department rules and safety standards.
- Possess current food safety and preparation certification.
- Ability to selectively order from the most optimal supplier so as to maintain quality, yet stay within the budget framework.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to supervise up to 10 people.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people with a special emphasis on the ability to model the core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org