The YMCA is looking for a variety of fitness instructors to fill some class availabilities. Not certified? No Problem! There are a variety of upcoming local trainings available to help you get certified.
- Leads energizing, fun, safe, and educational group classes, as directed by the supervisor, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
- Answers questions from members to support them in achieving their goals related to healthy living. Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Keeps accurate class attendance records.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
- Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, AED, national certification (ACE, NETA, AFAA, NASM) in group fitness instruction or YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise certification.
- Local upcoming trainings available for those not yet certified.
- YMCA Healthy Lifestyles certification within 60 days of hire.
- At least one year of experience teaching group wellness classes preferred.