The Executive Director is responsible for connecting with all 26 YMCA Associations from across the State of Iowa to build capacity to impact local communities, carry out the Y mission and cause, speak with a unified voice and establish a strong statewide presence. The position is responsible for the effective execution of Y-USA key deliverables per agreement with Y-USA including: building the organizational capacity of individual YMCAs; building strong networks to provide opportunities for peer-to-peer learning and support; developing Alliance infrastructure; forming collaborations to advance the strategic goals of the Alliance; and advocating and advancing the Alliance’s legislative priorities. The Executive Director will be recognized as the principle advocate at the state level for Iowa YMCAs focused on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Website Iowa Alliance of YMCAs
- Bachelor’s degree and YMCA Organizational Leadership certification.
- Minimum 5 – 10 years leading or consulting in non-profit or corporate environments.
- Professional, well-organized, detail oriented, self-motivated and proactive.
- Comfortable in a collaborative work environment and work well with a team of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work on a variety of duties and issues, and manage multiple tasks.
- Appropriately and professionally work closely with Alliance YMCAs.
- Travel (approximately 40-50%) as needed.
- Familiarity with the YMCA movement, culture, mission and purpose. Commitment to the mission and core values of the YMCA.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org