- Assists the equestrian program, in harmony with camp policies, objectives, procedures and ACA Standards.
- Helps teach safety first and proper riding and care for horses.
- Provide proper care for the horses, assuring that adequate food and water is always available, that they have a safe environment and are carefully monitored in terms of their health and any cuts or scrapes are attended to immediately.
- Helps with the early bird program.
- Keeps the tack clean, repaired and properly stored.
- Helps keep horses safe and in their corral.
- Assists in planning one world service event and one special day.
Website YMCA Camp Wapsie
- Must possess experience in working with an equestrian program, general horse knowledge and ability to care for the horses.
- Must possess the ability to work with children and teach them proper equestrian skills.
- Must be at least 18 years old and have certification or other endorsements in formal horseback riding instruction.
- Enjoys working and interacting with people of all types and ages, with a special emphasis on children, modeling and utilizing the important core values of caring, honesty, respect and
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org