The Day Camp Assistant Director assists the Day Camp Director in supervising campers, making sure that the camper’s health and safety are attended to at all times and doing everything possible to assure that the campers have a good experience.
- Assist in supervising the activities of campers at all times.
- Assist the Day Camp Director in programming activities for campers during activity times and substitute in all areas in the absence of the director.
- Keep the camper’s safety, health, hygiene, and cleanliness foremost in mind.
- In any activity follow the policies and philosophies of Camp Wapsie and assure that the campers are also following them.
- Participate in all of the courses, activities, classes, training, and planning sessions during the weeks of pre camp.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the pavilion area, park grounds & around it, the Indoor Chapel, and each activity area used.
- Supervise and direct day camp junior counselors.
- Assist in the weekly overnight activity to Camp Wapsie.
- Creates and maintain a harmonious, positive working relationship with fellow staff, YMCA Camp Wapsie campers and participants.