Under the general direction of the Retreat Program Director, the Program Coordinator will deliver high quality programs for all guests and groups who come to Camp Wapsie. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for facilitation of programs and activities including: outdoor education, teambuilding, climbing, hosting retreats, and related functions. Additionally, he or she will have the opportunity to: assist with marketing; recruit program participants; plan, develop, and implement programs for various age groups. Also, the Program Coordinator will provide additional support, aid, and complete other responsibilities deemed necessary to assure that the guests have a quality and exciting experience.
- Host visiting groups, welcome and inform them of YMCA Camp Wapsie policies, and provide them a safe, meaningful, positive experience.
- Assist in having available staff, resources, and equipment ready for teambuilding, climbing, and/or outdoor education.
- Follow staff policy and procedure in all phases of camp operations.
- Maintain a harmonious, positive working relationship with fellow staff, YMCA Camp Wapsie campers and participants.
- Assist in maintenance of outdoor education supplies, climbing equipment, and teambuilding elements.
- Maintain a professional image including appropriate uniform at all times in the surrounding areas and in the YMCA community.
- Assist with the collection and organization of retreat agreements and administrative paperwork.
- Perform other duties related to recruitment, marketing, public relations, program development, Annual Support Campaign, special events, camp supervision, kitchen, candy sale, camp store custodial, and maintenance as needed.
- Follow the mission of the YMCA and the vision and goals of Camp Wapsie.
- Learn to lead and demonstrate the ability to lead a number of activities including but not limited to songs, stories, skits, classes, retreats and teambuilding.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Applicant must enjoy working and interacting with people of all ages and demographics in an outdoor setting. Additionally, he or she should have some experience teaching recreational lessons or activities. Importantly, applicant must be able to practice and model the important core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. Working knowledge of the recreation field; Current CPR, First Aid, and Lifeguard certifications are preferred.