The Cedar Rapids Metropolitan Area YMCA has a need for Bodypump Instructors at all of its locations. Primary hours are morning and daytime. The ideal candidate will enjoy working and interacting with people of all types and ages, modeling and utilizing the important core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. The candidate will also have a minimum of 6-12 months experience and knowledge of physical fitness methods and techniques; and weight lifting principles and practices is preferred. Must be Bodypump certified. Must be CPR and AED certified within 30 days of hire.
- Leads energizing, fun, safe, and educational group classes, as directed by the supervisor, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
- Answers questions from members to support them in achieving their goals related to healthy living. Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Keeps accurate class attendance records.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.