The Helen G. Nassif YMCA is seeking 2-3 Assistant Swim Coaches to work with our growing swim team program! Previous competitive experience is necessary as well as the desire to work with children of all ages and abilities.
- Assist Head coach in creating thorough, age-appropriate workouts focusing on technique, endurance, stroke development, drills, etc.;
- Lead structured practices in weekday evenings in the summer, fall and winter seasons.
- Help to record all work-outs and track daily attendance;
- Assist head coach with administrative matters relating to the team, swim meet arrangements and team performance as well as interaction with parents;
- Assist in coordinating and executing swim team competitions and meet registrations. Record times at swim meets;
- Attend assigned swim team events such as meets, meetings, social events, etc.;
- Engage parents and cultivate relationships to create a collaborative swim team environment;
- Assist in swim team social event planning, as necessary;