The Armed Services YMCA and Department of Defense Outreach Initiative offers YMCA memberships to eligible military families and personnel who may not have access to a nearby military facility.
Eligible military families and personnel include:
- Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Active Duty families who live in one of the selected Joint Bases created by the Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) process (contact Military OneSource or 800-342-9647 for a list of eligible Joint Bases)
- Active Duty Independent Duty Personnel and their families as approved by their Military Service Headquarters
- Relocated spouses and family members of deployed Active Duty personnel
Note: Eligibility is for Title 10 personnel only.
If you have questions about whether you are eligible or not, please refer to the Am I Eligible flyer.
How to Sign Up for a Membership:
- Click here to download deployment/order forms. The Approval Form must be signed by an authorized Point of Contact person (listed on the second page of the approval form).
- Fill out the Eligibility Form and Membership Renewal Stipulations Form
- Click here to download Y Membership Application. Saves time to fill out before visiting your Y branch.
- Bring all of the above information along with your spouse's deployment orders and your military ID to the Member Service Desk at the Cedar Rapids Metro YMCA
- Start using your membership & participating in programs immediately